Hospital and Nursing Home Utilization Data
The HPCSWF collects monthly utilization data from licensed hospitals and nursing home facilities in all seven counties (Area 8). The data is analyzed by facility, month to month, and compares actual numbers and rates to the previous years’ same time period. Data is available in part or as a whole for all areas or subdistricts. The data is posted in a secure section of our website for annual data subscribers (hospitals, nursing homes, and consultants) that use the data in determining market share and identifying trends.
All hospitals and nursing homes are required to submit utilization data using electronic forms: Hospital Data Form and Nursing Home Data Form. These forms are in Adobe and may require download of free updated reader software.
The HPCSWF provides planning support, data and information, grant solicitation, and facilitated planning sessions for the local coalitions on a variety of health-related issues. Some recent projects include:
- Needs Assessments, and Service Delivery Planning for persons with HIV/AIDS in Area 8
- HIV Prevention Plan for Area 8
- Collier County Health Care Access Coalition (now the Physician Led Access Network) is a coalition brought together under a community development grant to create a vision and plan to develop a cost-effective and efficient system of care for the uninsured and underinsured in Collier County; Collier County, in partnership with PLAN, was granted money to be used within two years to implement an electronic information-sharing network and increase the penetration of PLAN into the eligible community. HPCSWF contracted with Collier County to develop the implementation plan for the transfer of patient-level data from the providers to PLAN.
- HPCSWF conducted a Disaster Planning for Persons with Disabilities Workshop in collaboration with community partners including the Lee County Emergency Management Agency, Lee County Department of Health and Lee Memorial Health Systems.
- HPCSWF completed Community Health Assessments for Charlotte, Hendry and Glades Counties on behalf of their county health departments.
- HPCSWF is facilitating, supporting and/or participating in Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP), a new approach to health planning, in the counties in Area 8.
- HPCSWF has developed a health profile document for each county in Area 8 showing key health status indicators and trends in our area.
Certificate of Need
The HPCSWF is under contract with the Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) to provide program support for the Florida Certificate of Need (CON) Program. Such support includes conducting public hearings on proposed CON projects, monitoring approved projects and filing status reports to the AHCA.
For more information on CON activities in Area 8, please contact Ed Houck, President, at (239) 433-6700 or at email@example.com.