We are pleased to share a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) for 2017-2018. The purpose of this funding is to reduce health inequity in areas with limited or no access to quality DSME services. These areas include rural communities without a recognized or accredited DSME program and populations which experience high rates of type 2 diabetes, its complications, and diabetes-related death. The short-term goal is to increase the number of DSME programs that are on a path toward accreditation or recognition. The long-term goal is to increase the number of accredited or recognized DSME programs in Florida. Funding is available to support activities, purchases, and technical assistance that will help eligible organizations attain one of the following objectives:
Objective 1: Build infrastructure that aligns with national standards for DSME programs
Objective 2: Achieve DSME accreditation or recognition
Objective 3: Establish a recognized or accredited satellite site
Objective 4: Increase sustainability of an existing recognized or accredited DSME program
Objective 5: Increase access to a recognized or accredited DSME program by people with physical or intellectual limitations.
- Mini-grant period: December 1, 2017 (or date executed by both parties) – June 15, 2018
- Successful applicants will be awarded up to $10,000 per site. Grantees may be assigned a mentor pending funding availability, program goals, and the organization’s current state of readiness as determined by the review committee.
- The role of an assigned mentor is to provide technical assistance and program development consultation.
- Funding announcement released on or before October 2, 2017
- Q&A conference call October 11, 2017, 2:00-3:00PM EDT
- Toll-free number: 888.670.3525
- Participant Code: 416.360.4135
Summary of conference call posted on October 17, 2017 Health Council and DOH websites
- Application deadline November 1, 2017
- Telephone Interviews November 13-22, 2017
- Funding awards announced November 30, 2017
- All funded activities completed by June 11, 2018
- All reports received by June 15, 2018
We encourage all interested organizations to apply. Return the completed application, including all required attachments, via email to: Health Planning Council of Southwest Florida, Inc., Attention: Peggy Brown, email@example.com