FY 2016 – 2017
Health Planning Council of Southwest Florida is partnering with the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention to manage mini-grant distribution and provide technical assistance and expert mentoring services to establish or assist DSME diabetes education programs in Florida. The purpose of this funding is to expand access to DSME programs for people with diabetes in Florida. The short-term goal is to increase the number of DSME programs that are on a path toward accreditation or recognition. The long-term goal is to increase the number of accredited or recognized DSME programs in Florida. Funding is available to support activities and purchases that will help organizations attain one of the following goals:
GOAL 1: Build infrastructure toward a quality (ADA-recognized or AADE-accredited) DSME program
- Organization has no current DSME program, with a goal of providing quality DSME which eventually could be recognized by the ADA or accredited by the AADE.
GOAL 2: Achieve DSME accreditation or recognition
- Organization has a current diabetes education/DSME program that is not recognized or accredited and has a goal of becoming recognized or accredited to provide DSME.
GOAL 3: Establish a recognized or accredited satellite site
- Organization currently has a DSME program that is recognized or accredited and has a goal to establish one or more satellite locations that are recognized or accredited to provide DSME.
GOAL 4: Increase sustainability of an existing recognized or accredited DSME program
- Organization seeks assistance to sustain a recognized or accredited DSME program.
Q&A conference call (optional) July 15, 2016, 2:00-3:00PM EDT
- Toll-free number: 670.3525
- Participant Code: 416.360.4135 View Q&A Results
Summary of conference call posted July 22, 2016
on Health Council websites
Application deadline* August 8, 2016
Telephone Interviews August 15 – 26, 2016
Funding awards announced September 9, 2016
All funded activities completed by June 1, 2017
All reports received by June 15, 2017
*All applications must be received by this date. Late applications are not guaranteed to be considered.